Hey all and Happy Thirsty Thursday! I am so excited to have Drinking Hobby guest posting with this delicious stout cocktail! If you love the content make sure you bookmark the site – https://drinkinghobby.com
Compliment the classic flavor of Guinness with sherry and coffee.
After Arthur Guinness inherited 100 pounds from his late Godfather, he signed a 9000 year lease for the property at St. James’s Gate where Guinness beer is brewed to this day.
The lease has since become obsolete as Guinness has expanded and purchased land to expand its’ brewing operations, but their beer and tradition has lived on.
It’s cool to see a brewery like Guinness continue to thrive and adapt in a modern market that sways largely in the direction of those that prefer extremely mild and simple pilsner type beers.
Nine Thousand Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz. Coffee Liqueur
- 3/4 oz. Amontillado Sherry
- 5 dashes Orange Bitters
- 6-7 oz. Guinness Draught
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Piece Orange Peel
- To get the best results for this cocktail put the Guinness, Coffee Liqueur and Sherry in your fridge for 30 minutes ahead of time.
- Prepare the Heavy Cream buy adding about 1/2 cup to a mason jar with the vanilla and shaking vigorously until it reaches a thick pour-able consistency that is NOT solid like typical whipped cream
- Add the Bitters, Sherry, and Coffee Liqueur to a chilled glass (fairly large) then top with the Guinness leaving about 1/2 an inch of space.
- Now slowly pour heavy cream so that it floats on top of the drink.
- Express the oils of the orange peel over the finished drink and discard.