Happy Wednesday, loves! Today I am giving you a quick, easy and delicious recipe. It’s perfect for those times you want something healthy, but you are a craving a sweet treat. This recipe doesn’t require you to make your own ice-cream, so if you don’t have an ice-cream maker don’t despair. I love experimenting with different flavors and I have been on a real matcha kick lately. I got to test out a delicious Organic Ceremonial Matcha tea for review and I couldn’t help but come up with a fun, healthy twist on a decadent recipe. Matcha Zen has a wonderful flavor profile and makes the perfect addition in this ice-cream, plus it’s very healthy for you.
It’s important if this is your first time testing the matcha waters that you don’t skimp on cheap tea, the flavor is the real star of this ice-cream and it can make or break the recipe.
If you aren’t familiar with matcha I wanted to share a little snippet from Matcha Zen’s website about the history of the tea-
“The History & Philosophy of Matcha
The time-honored tea ceremony was first used in Zen Buddhist rituals over 900 years ago.
The simple, austere practice of matcha became a revered ceremony called chanoyu.
Out of the matcha tea ceremony sprang the philosophy of ichi-go, ichi-e—“one time, one meeting”—the value of cherished gatherings, where every moment is a once-in-lifetime event.
Matcha reminds us that despite the repetitiveness of our daily lives, you can never perfectly recreate a moment—treasure every cup and turn teatime into a lasting memory.”
While ice-cream might not be the traditional way to experience matcha, you can still treasure each moment the same!
You can make this recipe even healthier by using a non-dairy ice-cream. I really adore coconut milk or almond milk ice-cream, but that’s totally up to you.
EASY ORGANIC MATCHA MINT ICE-CREAM
- 1 Pint of your favorite organic vanilla ice-cream (We LOVE Coconut Milk Ice-cream)
- 4 Tablespoons of your favorite Organic Matcha Tea.
- 2 Tablespoons of local, organic raw honey
- 3 drops of organic mint extract
- Optional add-ins. If you are looking for a crunch you can add mini dark cocoa nibs, or a variety of nuts.
- Take your softened pint of ice-cream and put it into a mixing bowl.
- Add your Organic Matcha Tea, Mint Extract and honey and mix until combined. (If you add any optional add-ins this is where you can add them)
- Put it back into the container and pop it into the freezer until firm. Enjoy!
Spring is here and I don’t know about you, but my skin could use a little refreshing. It could be because my 29th birthday is fast approaching, but I’ve been loving face masks lately. DIY clay masks, sheet...