What’s lemony, sweet and full of rum? Drunken Lemon Cake! This 21+ dessert is melt-in-your-mouth delicious and full of tangy flavor. The perfect summertime dessert. What’s better than carbs and booze, am I right? Summer is flying by and it seems like in the blink of an eye July is here.
This recipe takes some time, but it’s definitely worth it. Drunken Lemon Cake is a fun addition to any adult summer party you are hosting, it’s sure to wow a crowd with it’s stunning presentation and also pack a punch with it’s boozy lemon glaze.
Grab your favorite tea, craft beer or glass of wine and let’s get into it.
Make sure you leave a comment below telling me what you think, Pin the recipe for later and share with a friend!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest (Sometimes I sub 1 tablespoon lemon for orange to switch it up)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Drunken Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3oz rum
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Grease (use a non-stick spray) a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together. Mix zest in. Set aside for later.
- In another mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue beating for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure it’s mixed thoroughly
- Add lemon juice. The batter may start to curdle, that’s normal.
- Alternate addition of flour and milk. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes until golden and cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a rack and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Lemon Glaze: Whisk together lemon juice, rum and icing sugar. Use a toothpick, poke some holes in the loaf. Brush glaze over warm loaf, enjoy responsibly!