It’s almost apple picking seasons so I’m sharing one of my favorite vegan desserts. From start to finish you can have these beautiful vegan apple crisps ready to devour in less than an hour. If you’re ready, grab your apples and favorite vanilla vegan ice-cream and let’s get to it.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (We love avocado butter)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups sliced/chopped and peeled Apples ( We love Granny Smith for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 /2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Add chopped and peeled apples to a medium sized mixing bowl with the, flour brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, lemon juice and vanilla extract and toss together so that all the apple pieces are covered.
- Transfer to individual ramekins. Depending on the size I would fill it about 1/3 of the way up with the delicious apple filling.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In another bowl start mixing the ingredients for the topping.
- Add vegan butter, vanilla extract, flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon, stir until combined.
- Use a spoon to add topping to apple filling
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. You will know it’s ready when the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven to cool before serving.
- Add your favorite vegan ice-cream to top