Journaling helps you better understand yourself, your emotions and goals. It’s also the best way to deal with mental clutter. Take a few moments and grab a notebook, piece of paper or fancy journal set a timer for 5 minutes and write your thoughts out unfiltered. I like to call these “brain dumps” and it’s how I start and end my work day. It’s also a fun way to get creative juices flowing.
Not sold yet? Check out 10 reasons why journaling every day could make your life a little more full below.
10 Reason Why to Journal
- Clear mental clutter
- Get creative juices flowing
- Helping you bring your vision to life.
- To better understand your emotions, goals and yourself
- As a way to be grateful
- For personal growth
- To set goals and see what is working/ not workig
- Improve your working memory
- A way to let go of negative thoughts
- Improving your cognitive functioning.
30 Journal Prompts to Inspire you
- If you could give the world one thing, what would it be? – Take it a step further and write down an actionable list that you can check off.
- When you think about your future, what are you most excited for?- Take it a step further and imagine yourself in the future. How does it feel, what does it look like? What does it smell, taste and sound like?
- What makes you smile every time you think of it?- Take it one step further right down creative ways to bring more of this into your life.
- What does peace feel like in your body?- Take the time to really let the feeling settle in and write down the sensations you feel.
- If you couldn’t fail what would you do right now?- Take it one step further and right down a list of things you would do.
- “I know how to stick up for myself.” Explain your answer.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- If you could go anywhere in the world all expenses paid, where would it be? (Bonus, who would you take with you?)
- If my body could talk, it would say…
- What does your dream day look like?
- What does your dream day feel like?
- What does your dream day entail?
- Write a letter thanking someone who has helped you recently.
- What emotions does your favorite song evoke?
- Write the words you need to hear.
- What do you want to accomplish in the next year?
- Name one thing you feel brings out the good in people.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- Name your most cherished childhood memory.
- What are all your thoughts on god?
- Write a letter to your best friend.
- I feel happiest in my skin when…
- If you could build a dream house, what rooms would it have?
- What does it mean to be an optimist?
- What are three things that you could never live without?
- What is the best decision you ever made?
- Who are you?
- What is your greatest joy?
- Imagine you have traveled to a different time, what do you see?
- What piece of advice do you most often give and least often follow?
Make sure you leave a comment letting us know what your favorite prompt was!
Until next time,